All the plays
Original plays, adaptations of novels, and plays on the basis of literary and documentary sources:
- Mephisto, new adaptation of the novel by Klaus Mann, Hummelinck Stuurman, Amsterdam 2006. Het Theaterfestival, 2006
- The Same Sea/Allein das Meer based on the novel by Amos Oz, Neues Theater, Halle, 2005 (DE). Selected for the Theatertreffen, Berlin, 2006.
German translation by Eva Pieper.
- The Same Sea, The Atelier Princeton University, on invitation by Toni Morrison, Princeton 2004.
- Black Box based on the novel by Amos Oz, Southern Comfort/Hummelinck Stuurman, Amsterdam, 1999. Biennale Bonn, New Plays from Europe/Neue Stücke aus Europa, Bonn 2000.
German translation by Monika Thé, Suhrkamp Verlag, Frankfurt am Main, 2000.
- St. Louis Blues, original libretto for opera by Chiel Meijering, about the last cruise ship of the Hamburg-America Line, leaving Germany with 900 deported Jewish people on board. InDependance/Orkest De Ereprijs, Arnhem, 1995.
- The Tigress based on the novel by Walter Serner, Southern Comfort/Frascati, Amsterdam, 1990.
- The Balcony with the Green Cacadu, adaptation of the plays by Jean Genet and Arthur Schnitzler, Theater van het Oosten, Arnhem, 1989.
- Kassandra based on the novel by Christa Wolf, Southern Comfort/Frascati, 1988.
- März based on the novel by Heinar Kipphardt, Southern Comfort/Baal, Amsterdam, 1988.
- Forbidden Reproduction based on the novel Love Act van M.E. Austen, Southern Comfort/Baal, Amsterdam, 1987.
- Last resort, original play, De Kompaan, Amsterdam, 1987.
- Chronicle of a death foretold, based on the novel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Schlicksupp teatertrupp, Frankfurt am Main, 1985.
- Flametti, original play about the DADA-movement, based on documents, poetry and the novel Flametti by Hugo Ball, created by collective of director and actors of Schlicksupp Teatertrupp, Frankfurt am Main/Rotterdam, 1983.
- Hunger Year (1566), original play on the basis of historical material about the 80-year war between Holland and Spain, and the preceding years, Theater Institute University Utrecht, for 400 years Union of Utrecht, 1978.
- Figures from Contemporary History based on the novel The Lost Honor of Kathrin Blum by Heinrich Böll, Theater Institute University Utrecht, 1977.
- ‘You never see a headline about a breadline today’, montage-performance in the form of a dance marathon, on the basis of material about the Great Depression and the recession of the seventies in Engeland, in collaboration with Albert Hunt, Bradford College of Art, Bradford UK, 1974.
- The Comedy about the Servant of Two Masters, adaptation of the play by Carlo Goldoni. De Nieuwe Komedie, Den Haag, 1973.
- The building of the Union Pacific Railway, montage-performance on the basis of historical material on the Civil War (1860-1864), the building of the first transcontinental railway through America, and the extermination of the Indians, in collaboration with Albert Hunt, Bradford College of Art, Serpentine Gallery, Hyde Park, London, 1972.
- Jests, Satire, and a Deeper Meaning, adaptation of the play by Christan-Dietrich Grabbe, StAUT (Stichting Amsterdams Universitair Toneel), Amsterdam, 1967.
- New Book! ACTING IN REAL TIME, University of Michigan Press, Spring 2012
- German translation of ACTING IN REAL TIME, SCHIBRI Verlag, Berlin 2012/13
- New Play! A VERY (c) OLD CASE
- ATKA/Theatre School Amsterdam, May-June
- ITW/Tisch Drama Department NYU, Amsterdam, July-August